Friday 28 December 2012

McHappy time

We generally, speak of Mcdonalds restaurant w/ some disdain. however, to-day it seems that the Golden Arches could be our destination.
Why ? Well as the Mouseketeers used to sing ' b/c we love you ! '
I don't know. Its different. An attempt to reclaim youthful memories.
Sort of ' Spinning down to Weymouth town, ' author ?_______

Weather wise this will be a stable day - grey / cool and damp - light snow a'comin.
Doing research , I Googled dice strategy, or  ' How to win at craps '
funny when there's lots of money on the line, there's lots of advice '
The systems get names such as ' anything but 7 ' or ' hullalooey wait down ' stuff like that.
Some are called ' regression ' betting schemes. I not sure but I think these schemes suit my personality. Practicing, I went down and up through $ 400 betting $5 as a minimum. For me that is a whack of money.
Basically, if your not prepared to lose $ 200 - you're sure not likely to win $ 200. To quote the tire industry ' this is where the rubber meets the road ' or put up and shut up.

More investigation into crap-ology is required.
One positive fact arose. ' The Professor ' yep, he's the Prof of Craps, made the statement that playing against the computer is much harder than at a craps table.
The reason is that at a craps table, you could run into a ' shooter ' who runs a long set of passes. He wasn't talking about me. In Vegas, I did make a run of 12 passes - which sure beats the average of 4.

The advice that I got was throw'em ' high and soft '. I even hold the dice a certain way. Sort of a luck thing. Oh , yeah, a mega-superstitious lot, us craps people.
I love the jargon - big red,   give me a Yo , baby needs a pair of shoes , lets press'em up  My fav ' pay the line '.
BTW - baby needs a new pair of shoes - has nothing to do with children, in case you were  wondering.

And, I think that I am techno - lost. One present was a 3D , BluRay version of ' Prometheus ' . I'm not sure what  'P ' is about but there was sci-fi screaming etc in the trailer on TV. Well ,we don't have a 3D anything - so the DVD goes back. Apparently, you need a 3D DVD player and I guess that a 3D TV would help. Yeppper, you can get nauseous in the comfort of your own home.




No comments:

Post a Comment