Monday 24 December 2012

White is Fading

The white covering is gone, mostly green. No snowman w/ Wb. Wb is in full winter dress , no umbrella, arrow up. Air looks still cloudy blue sky so far.

Merry Christmas

Listening to Xmas songs yesterday, I realized how prescient these carols are. I knew the Bible had great social and psychological gems. But I thought every young couple w/ children must nod when they hear   ' unto to you a child is bored ' . Classic

Well, we're preparing broccoli casserole ( yeah, ' we ' ) I'm in charge of morale and tasting. We take sushi as an appetizer as well.
Hoping that I don't need to carve, more for them then me.

We were thinking of take-out, les mets Chinois ( Chinese food, en francais ). Lately, I've been stopping on the way home and ordering at a small place. I thought the joint was called ' Asian Feast  or Great Asian '. Google the names - nope. Check Scarborough restaurants - nope. On Google maps I find the area that I need. Kings Variety store is on the street. Hey, I know that name. By error, I touch the screen and the street appears on web cam. I pan the scene , notice a condo that is familiar. Keep going and bingo bongo there the restaurant is. 
The name ' Gourmet King ' yeah, Asian my tooshie.  
The food was pretty good. A touch bland but you can always hit it up w/ some hot sauce. I had added breaded shrimp to the order. Someone once called breaded shrimp - ' shrimp hunt ' b/c of the breading. This dish was close. More like shrimp in a blanket , fairly thick blanket, too.

I'm watching  ' Canadian Pickers ', these guys cross Canada buying junk or antiques depending on your taste. I think the show is dangerous, for me. I'm afraid that I'll start looking at some of this stuff. I retain stuff that is about the same. Or the idea is the same, I'll use it one day.






































No comments:

Post a Comment