Saturday 15 December 2012

Somewhere......

" ... in this favored land, the sun is shining bright
                                                somewhere hearts are light
                                                 somewhere children shout
    there is no joy in .............,   mighty Casey has struck out  "

requiem ( Thayer , author )

Weather is dreary, Weather boy is coat, scarf , toque , dressed warm.

My new theory for winter dress says more scarf and less coat.
True, as suburbians we car it everywhere. The coat function is keep the wind off your back and insulate a little. Too bulky a coat means a struggle in the car and over-heated body as you drive.
A scarf will keep the cold form crawling down your body from the neck. A scarf layered over your body front is just as good as 1/2 sweater.
I think keeping your neck warm is essential. I can't remember how often that I've gotten that shaky,chilly feeling as cold creeps southward on me.
OK - thats maybe only me

We attended a Xmas open-house, cocktail affair last night. Noisy, good finger food and enjoyable company.
I locked up a position in the corner of the kitchen counter and the long wall of the sitting area. Most of the evening, people found me and we chatted.
One chap walked over, stood and said ' you were here last year ' he didn't mean the get to-gether - he meant that corner. I did observe the crowd for some minutes but mostly I was engaged in conversation.
Topics included credit card fraud ( way more common than I thought anecdotally ), Americans and guns ( surprise there, eh ) ,food ( natch )and sushi ( specifically )

No comments:

Post a Comment