Tuesday 27 December 2016

Thoughts of ...........

well, my hands were freezing , breaking ice out of the gutters.

W/ the steel roof comes some problems. Snow tends to fall off the roof - as in slide , like rolling thunder. Thus , I need to move snow that falls. And its lots.
I'm moving the snow out from the house 8 ft and putting the snow out were it will melt and the run off goes away.

The gutters fill w/ ice and any melt water adds to the weight. Plus there were still leaves in the gutter.
My hands were cold and getting colder.
Alright , if I lived in a condo then I wouldn't need to do this

BUT ' do I really want to smell other people's cooking '

I merrily chopped away
W/ the heavy rain the roof snow melted and everything flowed away

I was bang on w/ my personal weather prediction for yesterday.
We are anticipating cold ( below 32 , say 25 F ) and clearing skies as a high pressure system settle in

We ate turkey at a cousin's place - very nice get to - gether. I grew up w/ these cousins ( our mothers were close ) , so , a lot of history there.

Mentioned the downloaded movies and got an earful
" you're paying for each movie ? ( gasp ! ) "
" what about Netflix "
" I've got a gadget that gets free streamed movies and shows "

I am a dinosaur to the nieces and such.

The TorStar ran a piece on ' a Metaphor for Life '
as in " Life is .................. "
Canadian newsmakers were asked to complete the sentence as their philosophy of life

Life is like a camera -- Megan Markle

Life is a guitar --- Liona Boyd

Each went on to explain the ' why ' of their choice

Here's mine

Life is a fishing rod
B/c there is always a need for balance between the strength of the thing and the need for flexibility. Neither by itself is good.
And besides , it makes fishing fun

No comments:

Post a Comment