Saturday 24 December 2016

'Twas the Day

before the day

I've often commented that in my teaching career , I'd listen as the students planned their week end , all het up and excited

I seem to count things such as Xmases and anniversaries 
and it isn't the same
The time frame is so long for me or us

Weather is gray and dull
We left the Xmas tree outside on all night
so Santa could find his way
Right !
I forgot
But it was a Friday night and the tree looks festive

We are sandwiched as you know between two herds of reindeer , a polar bear and deer as well on one side and Santa and a sleigh on the other
we are minimalists
I heard that somewhere and its ' in '

Something snapped
is my pet phrase for impulse buying
At Shoppers Drug Mart , there was a shelf tag that said 50 % off
Now , you know that caught my eye
Oh !
The object was a Go - Pro 750 camera and mounts
and emblazoned on the front was ' the girl from Frozen '
the camera and accessories are pale blue
Bought it anyway
So if you see a grown man w/ ............................

Yep , its me

Slipped out early to gather milk , bread etc. Parking was catch as catch can - I parked on a snow mound
no buggies
men were relaxed and jolly
women were harried
normally 6 or so registers are manned
14 to - day and no line ups 
but constant 2 - 3 person lines

Early ............... yeah , 

Post Script : video camcorder. The basic instructions are translated from the Portuguese by a Mandarin speaking Australian.
I fiddled around and got really very little to work. Set the date.

Then I remember something that I saw on line when pre checking what help was available. Always a good move

* Hit reset and change the SD memory card.

 Unfortunately , the SD card that I used was 4 Gb and good for 43 min.
I replaced the 4Gb w/ a 1 Gb which is good for 10 min

But surprise , the camera works. I'm not sure what I'm doing all the time but ........... it records and plays back

I wrote to the company to ask about a manual.
Reply : " Dear Sir 
                Thank you for your purchase. The model described is our base model and does not have an instructional manual , only the information booklet. Feel free to write and ask questions "

Oh boy , email chaos for sure

Joyeuse Noel 


No comments:

Post a Comment