Thursday 1 December 2016

Java the Hut

got your attention, did I
I lied

The topic is coffee , rose of Tralee

On CBC radio , the segment from Monocle radio magazine out of the BBC , had an expert on coffee. The dude sold coffee beans around the world.
He was a coffee lover. And had about 2 - 3 cups of coffee a week. B/c he very fussy about his coffee.
His take was - w/out good water almost everything else you do is a waste of money.
He stated that some people buy expensive Arabica beans                 ( good ?? )  and then use city water that has been chlorinated or fluoridated. Apparently , a real NO - NO in good coffee.

Now , moi. I make the coffee here w/ city water. To M's taste or close , so she won't make faces at breakfast.
Then I heat water in m/w and add the coffee. The ratio is 1: 3. My fav is canned evapourated milk added after that.
M calls it dishwater coffee.

And at night , cold coffee and water and milk w/ French Vanilla coffee flavoring + ice. The $3 iced coffee at Dunkin' .
Does the coffee affect my sleep  ? Haven't a clue.
I figure my sleep is erratic , coffee is an interesting side light to a pathetic sleep pattern.

Here in the South , I drive up to 7 - 11 for coffee twice a week.
To -day , it was Columbian blend and Fr Vanll coffee flavouring.
Not the best , for me. And you guessed it - diluted it down and added Fr Van creamer back home.
Not bad 
Normally , I get Fr Van coffee and add Fr Van flavouring. Which is actually , not bad.

Why do the coffee run ? If , not bad is the verdict

I'm trapped. I tell people that I don't want to vacation where there isn't a 7 - 11 up the street. You see its proof of civilization.
Thus , I feel obligated to go.
Besides , they have combos - coffee and doughnut for $2.
This week its coffee and a muffin
And every once in a while , free torquinados ( sp?  not the inquisition guy but a rolled tortilla thingy ) or pizza bites samplers
Love it !!!!

We shall see said the Zen Master
( recall : its the line by P Seymour Hoffman in ' Charlie Wilson's War ' )



No comments:

Post a Comment