Friday 13 December 2019

Aha, Freya s Day

or possibly one of the origins of the name

And you'll need to search Freya Casey, she'll teach you to sing ABBA. Specifically, ' Thank you for the Music '

The temperature on the backdeck is 20 something < maybe > b/c I can barely see the face of the dial   
CBC says its 32 F 

It is sunny w/ blue sky

A tech type morning. I went on line and chatted w/ an agent at the newspaper. Apparently, when you give a date the computer believes you. I couldn't get to the account b/c the account was sleeping til the specified date that I entered last year.
All is cleared up
TG < thank god >

Well, in the tech vein as a segue, I've been exploring Virtual Private Network or VPN. While travelling and utilizing the in-house WiFi in hotels and restaurants there is a risk of viruses or hackers to your computer / phone / tablet.
The other possibilities include evading network blocks that institutions put up to restrict access to specific sites.
The VPN can let you choose a city that will show as your location from the VPN and to all who try to view your machine.
And if your Netflix is in one country then you can pretend that you're there in ' virtual ' space.

I went searching for advice on ' Chrome and Netflix '
the main thrust was a) you needed a plugin - go to chrome plugins < I don't get the website >
b) Even if you get the plugin, you may need to change the station that your device works on.
This change is fraught w/ peril
Great

Well, nothing ventured - nothing gained
I found Google tools and ' Netflix '
Downloaded the app from Google
Skipped how to pay b/c I'm already a member
Install, 15 seconds
Had to wait, M was watching Netflix and we have single device service

Clicked the button and the screen said ' ready for download - please select '

I picked the ' Musketeers ' b/c I've been watching the series

Thats it - Netflix on the Chromebook
Lousy squinty screen - afterall its 11 inches
But tomorrow - I'll throw it up on the big TV

In the U.S., I'll go VPN and choose Canada - and Netflix will think that I'm home

We shall see said the Zen Master



No comments:

Post a Comment