Saturday 14 December 2019

Saturnalia

no, just Saturn
Saturnalia - ancient Roman holiday of merry making - the beginning of Xmas ?

W/  the temperature at 34 but falling all day to 32 F
Wind is ENE at 14mph
Drizzly stuff to come
Did come - as rain

Well, I've got an ear worm - my brain is singing or humming ' One ' from " Chorus Line " the play / musical / movie. Marvin Hamlisch.

From the CBC, flu activity is being reported, to start the sicky season. We got the hyped up seniors flu vaccine. Its got more of what you need - We shall see said the Zen Master.

In Canada, Ocean CleanUp, a non - profit and boat brought ashore a boatload of 60 cubic metre bags of waste from the great Pacific gyre - a massive swirl of plastic and other floaters that gathers mid Pacific.
The Dutch NGO is using Canada as its base. What you see are plastic bags and rope and well whatever else gathers in the Pacific.
But to quote the fantabulous Cole Poter ' This Is Only the Beginning '. The guy in charge will need a fleet of boats ( special scooper boats ) that winnow the detritus out of the gyre < leaving the water behind >
His goal, remove half the gyre plastic every seven years.

Warning : remember, reports here are mostly true - the facts may have been altered b/c I don't read the whole articles

Freezing stuff is falling - but we are home to stay

I took a look at the bloodwork results from this week.
The upshot : I may live til the Dr sees me Wed.
None of my numbers got a red check or flag
Thats encouraging
I tried to get a feel for how my results compare to normal values
????????? but I think it may be OK

Come on Doc, give me your opinion



No comments:

Post a Comment