Monday 16 December 2019

MoonDay

the moon is like a boat my love
a lemon peel afloat my love
Mary Hopkin - a voice for all ages

Still dark and I was awake

Got the skinny on today s weather
25 now feels like 16 -> 32 F w/ W out of South

Tomorrow is colder

And shifting my bum, I got a back spasm.
Same old, same old
Exactly like last time and the last, last time etc

Electronic world news : I created a Recovery USB for the Chromebook.
Nothing should go wrong b/c very little is centrally stored in the machine
BUT if Chrome OS goes down on the machine
the Recovery Utility will bring back ' my Chromebook '.
Now, in the past for Windows, the recovery USB took about 2 h. The Chrome OS ? maybe 10 minutes all in.
The instructions came w/ all kinds of warnings... make sure that you have the right drive selected... right .... there was only one
Maybe, my set up is simple
Of course, its simple
or I wouldn't be able to use it

I was tossing < finally ? > some paperwork from 1968. I wasn't aware but I've been blogging since 1968. Only it was written ' pen and paper '
entitled ' Reflections ' - a little less reliable w/ some breaks of months < Ok more like 1/2 year or so >.
I cut out the picture and quote from Fletcher Jones May 1992. His horse ' Typecast ' was in a match race w/ ' Convenience '. Convenience was a pace horse, out front and steady. Typecast was a closer. Typecast failed to win.
Fletcher Jones : the scenario does not always work out the way would like. For every dictum there is a contradiction.
Jones was killed months later in a small plane crash.
He further stated that ' there are more winners than losers ; one must always balance the odds and choose quality over numbers ' < maybe, I'll need to look up that quote >



No comments:

Post a Comment