Sunday 22 December 2019

Funny That

we have an advert running on TV here in Ontario

The scene is a couple saying goodbye at the door to family. As the door closes, mayhem breaks out. Xmas tree comes down, decorations are binned and a calendar is pegged to the back of the door.
The voice over and writing on the calendar proclaim
" Boxing Day sale at Leon s < multi - location  furniture company > Dec 26.
The humour was not lost on me.
The anticipation of the event often outstrips the real moment.
" Anticipation is making me wait " Carly Simon
" For these are the good old days "

Well, we warm up today to 39 F
How, haven't a clue
but ' anticipation ' is all

I read the CBC feed each morning. Weather, Science & Tech, Health and Business. I wanted a good news story and I found......

" Giftless Christmas ......... 
but wait
" how one family is cutting the waste

Of course, I didn't read the story. I mean
Spin on the spin that the reporter spins
I'll make up a scenario in my head, its probably closer to the truth

The day is bright and clear
" busy sidewalks ........ full of holiday cheer "

Not in Scarborough. Its busy streets full of cars
At the supermarket < called Metro > throngs of wandering people - like me - eyes scanning the aisle markers
for 
evaporated milk
and butter in sticks

Success

... is counted sweetest by those 
who ne'er succeed '

sadly it was salted butter

Winter begins officially. I feel we've already did at least a 1/4 of winter - can't they kinda lop some off the back end

No comments:

Post a Comment