Monday 9 December 2019

Gray is the Colour .....

... of my true love s hair ' sang , no one

But the day is overcast and uncertain
Rain is due < much like Wadsworth which is being drenched >

Perspective is always interesting
the good, the bad
the unknown
all viewed through a prism of singular < and very often narrow > vision

" Everybody s got a vision, everybody got a plan "
sings, Diana Birch

Mine.
 getting more cynical by the minute
then in a massive wave
Crikey ! 
" Only one life, what does it mean "
Jimmy Webb in ' Only One Life '

" if living is such a chore
just existence, nothing more
then why does only one life
make such a difference "

See. perspective

This Chromebook has a trackpad
one finger moves the cursor and
a 2 finger touch makes something happen
scrolling or e.g. drop down menu
But I'm using a mouse
B/c although a convenience, the touchpad can be a pain - when you inadvertently touch and the screen goes away  "MF thing" has been known to escape my lips
Perspective. I adored the trackpad when I first got the Chromebook. A much better device than on the Dell
Studio which absolutely needs a mouse.
Now. I reach for the optical mouse first

" be kind to your web footed friends
b/c a duck could be somebody s mother "

from the " Hymn of Acxion " by Vienna Teng

' someone is following every crumb that you drop '
meaning data

I disable all of the tracking abilities of my Moto g5
Which means if I lose my phone that I cannot track its location
but Google doesn't track me in the meantime

And I don't have Neil deGrasse Tyson s problem.
What keeps NGT up at night
Dark Energy and it s consequences
To wit : there is dark gravity < an unaccounted for force  that holds the Universe together >
But there is also
Dark Energy
 a force that is pushing, nay accelerating the expansion of the known Universe. In fact, this expansion if it continues apace - would mean that within a finite piece of time, the other galaxies would have disappeared from view as seen from earth and the Milky Way.
In essence, there would be no reference points for the rest of the Universe

No thanks. I'll stick w/ my eavestrough problems
There is a reference and its not going away


No comments:

Post a Comment