Tuesday 23 March 2021

the week in review

 say what ?  its only Tuesday !  ..........

its a beautiful day in the neighbourhood
sunshine came softly thru my window today
watch the signs along the highway
you were waving from the backroads
of my memories and forever you were
gentle on my mind

' Gentle on My Mind ' a country, maybe almost bluegrass song, written and performed by John Hartford back in the 70 s. He was picking this song out on a banjo and bOom ..... it was a hit. Remains a hit

Took back the alcohol empties. Made $5.68 in deposits. Lets see - hmmm, 2 coffees
Got more suds < tee hee ! >


Took an old fixture for a wall sconce and got it to fit on the ceiling in the bedroom where the fan / light apparatus was < recall : the fan had 1 speed and 1 speed that was like the death rattle of the spiny iguana >
The label says ' for wall mount only ' but I figure that was b/c the glass windows would fall out < I hope, thats why >
Basically, we have a carriage light housing on the ceiling but no glass. The danger was in leaving bare wires hanging from the ceiling along w/ this hole in the ceiling. And it was nice to know that when we buy and try to install a new fan / light that there is power up there.

The carriage light is way better than I expected. Except for the fact that it is aimed mostly toward the bed and where else would you need the most light - great. One last tweek might be to put aluminum foil on the top inside to reflect more light down. Right now that top < really the back of the carriage  apparatus > is gold and shiny. Thus, there might not be much to gain, there.

I apologize. I wish that I did it more often w/ friends but sorry Lenovo Tab 10, the tablet. Rogers Telco came on Monday and fixed an intemittent turned annoying intenret conxn fail. The tech simply gave us a new modem. The theory is that the connection failure was the modem trying to process updates and failing. Meanwhile all the internet deives needed to find the new modem and connect. Sometimes you neded the moem pasword re - applied. 
Well, Tab 10 wouldn't join the network. I spent at least parts of three hours trying for fixes. There is a hard reset available for most devices. The bad is that it wipes all data. 
I hesitated and said ' password ' ? Go make sure.
Sorry, Tab 10, I inputted the wrong password. Bad me.

All is connected again


No comments:

Post a Comment