Wednesday 17 August 2022

💢 from the Waddell

💢 - the anger symbol

funny that

sort of brackets

Well, our second night on the banks of the Ganny. The nickname among fisherfolk for the Ganaraska is the Ganny. I've fished here a couple of times.
The technique. Some guys think that the salmon swim mouth open. Thus, when your line crosses in front of them the line can run through their mouths - hopefully the hook catches and then you set the hook.

M is still asleep and I am waking slowly to some semblance of alertness. I think that I'll need a Tim Horton s coffee.

Thus, I went down the road to the park and watched the fishing or lack thereof. Much less movement on the water was obvious. However, there were wakes running across the river.

Our trip home was E Z P Z, traffic was busy but moved quite easily. To complete the mini - holiday, we dropped off at an old haunt, called the ' Fox Goes Free '. 
The Fox is cosy, not big w/ a menu that tends to the British familiars. We had their pies, Chicken and I got Steak and Guiness. We both had no intention of cooking today.

The stay- cation. You should know that we watched Netflix all day, Tuesday. M really wasn't comfortable walking. However, it was not like being trapped. Big comfy room, so, we sat on the bed or couch as we needed. The benefit of getting a suite. Actually, people say that when they are on vacation that they are out so much the room isn't that important.

We never feel like that. We wnat the appointments that we got at the Waddell. In fact, M said that we should go back.

On the computer front. After much angst, and disappointment, I hope that I figured out the printing procedure, here.

You see the printer, [ thaat we ahve had for over a year
a) can be hooked up - hard wired. But w/ laptops, that can be a pain

b) the printer has a low power blue tooth system. not that useful

c) and the printer has its own Wi Fi network. It turns out that if you log in to the printer Wi Fi network - the laptop readily finds the printer.

The downside, is that if you want to change documents then you might need to switch networks

And the kicker is,
 that I kept bringing the laptop close to the printer [ b/c the bluetooth was low power ].
Today, I joined the printer Wi Fi and printed from a room away.

Of course, I'm still miffed b/c one reason for buying the ' Duet ' laptop was the claim  ' plug anything in,   thats what the machine was built for ' . And generally, the duet does a great job.
Standby for more printing news.

Now, exercise. You might be aware my finely honed exercise routine  [ every other day ] got sidetracked by a ' rotatorcuff  ' injury.
I'm healed says the physio lady. 
I was to start back using lighter weights but same routine. Also, she gave me specific exercises to target muscles individually.

I'm still using the new exercises and trying lighter weights for some of the original ones. I suppose that it will be a hodge podge integration for a while.
Ah, to quote Nigel Starling from the ' Ghost and the Darkness '
" the struggle is the glory "

Unfortunate that, because that quote might be the story of my life
You too !

No comments:

Post a Comment