Friday 26 August 2022

πŸ’€ I Play for Seasons

πŸ’€- the emoji of the day is the  ' skull ' !

I decided to take the advice of Georges Meredith

'I play for seasons not Eternities
so says Nature, laughing on her way '


 The wildflowers will be gone and we better enjoy the ' forest '
Now, supposedly, the wildflowers will be back

We shall see said the Zen Master
Weather: today is a mix andunsettled conditions hang around and then Mon real stormy weather approaches
Scanned the CBC online :
- five lined skink scurries in warehouse [ only native lizard in Ont ]
- the  ' permafrost ' is melting
I selected the most important stories. You can read more yourself.

A thought on change. I spent about an hour re - arranging storage. It all started when I saw the den / study. It s neither. It is a file room first and then a hold all for desks. That room had three desks. 

One medium computer station [ modified to be more rugged ]. The desk was bigger but surgry reduced it by about 1 / 3. The salvaged wood made of particle board became shelves. Further b/c we tend to lean on the keyboard shelf, I added legs to take the weight.

Plus a full size computer desk in melamine particle board, Ikea style.
This one had to go. It had become a flat surface to leave paper on. 

Lastly, a secretary desk w/ fold down leaf. The little cubbyholes are filled w/ staplers, stamps, tape and cheque books [ a real hold all ]. Originally, unpainted in 1975, I stained it and kept it.

Thus, I took apart the white desk hoping to salvage the pieces.    Check !
I have been using old speakers to act as end tables or supports for table tops. I brought two up from the basement and using the back of the former white computer desk, am making a table surface for M to write at. Less paper storage but a functional area nonetheless.
Why ? .... well, if you don't try you'll never know and things will go on and on magnifying inefficiency.

I went on an errand and picked up a DVD, the ' Monuments Men '. A hodge podge group of curators, artists and intellectuals in WW II is tasked w/ saving the great art of Europe. Hitler and Co. have a plan to hoard masterworks and fill thir homes and the' ' Fuhrer Musee '. I've been wathcing clips and forgot what a good flick it is. Starring, Matt Damon, George Clooney, John Goodman, Bob Balaban, Bill Murray and 2 others [ sorry guys ? ]
Alright, I cried a little. Crikey they saved the Bruges ' Madonna and Child ', the Ghent Altarpiece and Cezannes and Renoirs OMFL. They couldn't save Picasso s or Klee s b/c these were torched.
In the realm of ' unbelievable ' - why Americans need AK 47 s.
I'm watching a video ' Shooting Feral Hogs from the air '
You got it. A helicopter and pilot take you out to shoot hogs from the air. " I got 47 today " is the quote.
The ' hunter ' pays 4 2 400 [ all in, food, lodging and weapons ]. And I think even I could hit something [ maybe ]

No comments:

Post a Comment