Sunday 21 August 2022

💃 " Her name was Lola .....

💃  ....... she was dancer " [ showgirl but dnaced ]
Yes, the emoji for a danseuse [ en francais ]

A damp and humid day
but of course, I ventured out for yard work. Why, dunno - guilt b/c I kept saying get out there and lay down garden fabric over the tree island 

I edged the trees w/ leftover interlock from the front re - jigging of the landscape. Thus, it was time to clean up and block out the weeds         [ more  effectively ]. I had already cleared stumps and levelled the area. I also, burnt out some other weeds and growth w/ a grass torch.

However, the day was uncomfortable for slug work. Still, undaunted, I set about the job. The cloth is not pegged down but objects will keep it in palce for a while. The intent is to use limestone screenings as a weight.
The screenings move easily for re - adjustment and are neater than pegs [ and the pegs are expensive ]. The temporary placement will allow me to reorient the fabric as needed. Further the screenings are free [ recall the interlock removal ] plus they screenings themselves inhibit weeds.
Get the feeling that cheap is the word of the day
word of my life ?

Alrighty. Did my quick scan of CBC online
online fitness apps / sites / makers facing tough times
Cdn juniors win gold in hockey
a pod of dolphins is saved

I skipped all the really bad stuff - watch some useless, all news channel and you'll get your fill of the worst and the worster and worstest

And if you read my FB post and dropped by, thnx

" lunner "- early dinner / late lunch was takeout form Halibut House. We get the ' house platter ' w/ chips for many, 1 halibut, 3 shrimp, 3 scallops and onion rings. Greasy. real greasy. and greasy
We have leftovers for another meal


No comments:

Post a Comment