Monday 1 August 2022

On, Stuff

 actually, the title wa going to be random thoughts
rather stray thoughts

then
the words arrived in my head
' how is this different from any other post '

A young French girl at 13 y.o wrote a novel. The interviewers asked their trite questions i.e. ' Are you going to be able to keep writing as you get older ? '

Her reply, ' the great folly of grown ups, wanting to last and wanting things to last - two things last, shoes too small and foolishness '

Well. I am right on w/ # 2. And been there, done that for # 1

We have a big chance to clean out the house. Diabetes Canada is doing a household pick up. Clothes, phones and whatnots can be left at the door in the morning next week.

We shall see said the Zen Master

OK. Things that last. 

I was marvelling at our cell phones. The brand is Moto and a G 8 +. I took my first photo in Nov 2018. For older types, like us [ oh, bought 2 the same - one charger and easy to help M ] we don't need much. Still, for the price, G8 has been a marvelous addition. Yes, I want them to keep going and going - ' come on, Energizer bunny !!!!! '.


I figured spend a good buck and get quality. Right. The G8 was          $ 400 . THATS CALLED entry level. Crikey !. The kids are paying      $ 1 000 and changing up every two years.
To be fair, most get a FREE phone by signing up for a plan.

Somehow $ 50 a month doesn't seem to qualify as free.
Oh, add cheap to the list of things that last. M and I each pay approx  $ 80 a year [ no data ]. However, A. does let me tether to his phone when I need data.

The implant report. Again. I slept through to morning and missed my 3AM feeding of Aceto. A really slight discomfort and I'm guessing that I might get away w/ skipping the meds altogether. However, the dentist said ' don't let the pain start. Thus, one more day of meds and then I'll whittle down to ' as needed ' status for meds.

No comments:

Post a Comment