Monday 8 October 2012

Be careful who.......

you laugh at or wonder about.

Many times, I've seen people in airports, waiting rooms etc. snuggled up to an electric outlet w/ their laptop plugged in. Thinking, ' Is that really necessary ? isn't your battery any good '

Since I've started blogging the laptop needs re-charging every third morning. Definitely, a pain. Battery life was supposed to be 3 - 5
hrs. I guess stupid me was counting on the 5, double ' ha ha ' here. Not.

Dinner last night was fab. Turkey,rice , stuffing and veg casseroles etc. Here's a breakdown.

The ' turk ' - moist and tasty. They get my cousin to carve, TG ,he's so careful and precise. Crikey, if they ask me to carve, I'm going to claim ' limp wrist syndrome or carpel tunnel from fishing '. He's a hard act to follow.

Rice - someone put peas in the rice. I guess they were worried about my fibre intake. Lest you think this was problem ,for us JC s ( not Jesus Christ, Japanese Canadians ) if its rice bring it on whatever you've got. Peas is nothing , a little colour. Heck , rice and salt is good. Now, rice and gravy is a gastronomic smorgsbord of everything that is good in the world - add a little dinde ( turkey in Fr ) ooh la la, madames and monsieurs .

The stuffing is the family's own recipe. I've had many varieties of stuffing w/ cashews, chestnuts everything. But this stuffing ( ' dressing ' to some ) is STUFFING the way we know stuffing. The ingredients are bread, onion, sausage and potatoes etc.

(ERROR ERROR Will Robinson: I was updating and spell checking when I noticed : ' add potatoes ' to the stuffing ingredients)


 I can't believe the world would eat any other stuffing, pourquoi ? , once you've tried this one. Its a legend.

I once made StoveTop stuffing by Uncle Ben or somebody, oh boy, salt and brown colour, and nada.

M made her broccoli casserole, pls note that I bought the broc and grated the cheese - both vital elements in the preparation, but I did nothing else. Her broc casserole is always a hit.

The 3 cousins there last night grew up to-gether. Our mothers were very close as sisters. I figure once a week, we saw 1 or both families of the 2 other sisters. In fact, when my parents left our original family home on Dufferin St., they moved to within 4 blocks of the other two sisters.

Weather is cool and damp, overcast. Sun should break out later. rain is due Wed on this week. Its 44 F out there in the shade. Our outdoor sensor is under the overhang on the back porch.

On CBC radio, a comedian was doing a monologue on toast. His rant was  " toast requires a full blooded committment. If you're not going to toast the bread right ( deep brown ) you're not serious and get away from my toaster. Toast makes butter better ". 
I disagree, butter makes toast better. Right, here's the guy that puts Caesar salad dressing on toast.

Last night, toast came up as a topic, started by moi. Apparently, much to my chagrin, the whole world doesn't know about or use corn syrup let alone Beehive brand. My soul shrivelled at the thought. Some have led a deprived childhood. it seems.

To-day is official TD in Canada.

Merry Thanksgiving Day to all ,and to all a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment