Thursday 11 October 2012

Looking back

In the " Hobbit " , Gandalf, is constantly disappearing and returning to the dwarf expedition.
Thorin Oakenshield : Where were you ?
Gandalf : looking ahead
Thorin : How did you know to come back and save us ?
Gandalf : By looking behind

Last night, I went back to check / edit past entries.  I was looking for consistency or repeats or anything interesting. Nope. Pretty much what I would have wanted to write.

On ' You Tube ', I checked out Anita Baker ( Sweet Love ) and Katherine Jenkins ( Jerusalem ) and discovered Katherine McPhee.
KM sang w/ Chris Botti ( jazz trumpeter ) and Andrea Bocelli on the entries that I saw.
Charlotte Church is a youngish singer from England, very mature voice.

I first heard Chris Botti on a special ' Yo Yo Ma and Friends '.I never thought of the trumpet as a solo instrument. I knew about  Louis Armstrong. This CB is very good. I enjoy most of the stuff he does.
I saw a duet w/ Sting, really neat.

In desperation, b/c I can't find the DVD in any of the usual places that I check, I bought ' Salmon Fishing in the Yemen ' w/ the babe Emily Blunt and Ewan McGregor. I broke down and ordered from Amazon.ca.
Besides the babe, you can probably figure out the connection for me. Duh

I've been getting the cold shoulder from M.
Actually, its called  ' frozen shoulder ' according to the physio lady. Gayle looks like Gates McFadden ( Dr. Beverly Chrusher on Star Trek, Next Generation ).

 M has had shoulder pain / stiffness / general aching.
She booked w/ the doctor but it was a week wait. So, she went to the physio clinic.
The diagnosis was incipient, frozen shoulder. 

Frozen shoulder is a reaction to the immobility of the muscles due to pain and lack of use. The cause is difficult to determine. She has exercises and a second appointment for physio treatment. Dr. visit is to-morrow.

It hurts to drive, so I'm chauffeur for her at least 2 days.

Weather is cool ( 45 F on the back porch ), the sun was out but it looks like rain. Weather Boy( digital thermometer) hasn't  worn this much clothing for months. Toque, scarf and trench coat are on. There is an arrow pointing down, to indicate rain or Indians.

No comments:

Post a Comment