Tuesday 23 October 2012

Never Got the Hang

In ' Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy ' Arthur Dent comments " I never did get the hang of Thursdays ". Tuesday is my ' never got the hang of '

This days is dreary on the 'bee. However, my constant comment is ' always something to do '.
Thus, I put back a a bi-fold door, taken down to let the spare fridge exit the storage room in the basement at QMH . Ont Hydro has a free pick up of older fridges. We had the fridge for 3 years and never used it so - following the precept that ' if you haven't used it in 3 years, get rid of it '.

I think the person who installed the bi-fold did not intend anyone to take it down or put it back. They goofed installing it or the wall to wall was put in after the door b/c it drags on the carpet.

A new phrase has gone viral, thanks to the U.S. presidential debate. " Houses and Baronets " says Barrack.

kidding, he said ' horses and bayonets '. However, my line is the one he should have used on Mitt ' the glove '.

I'm typing inside at QMH w/ the window open to get 3 or 4 green lights on the dial up. Otherwise I'll get only 2 or 3 greens.

My fishing book is now instructing the reader on the proper method for catching crocodiles.
This information is based on the days of the 'Raj ' in India. Now there's a skill which I'll never need but.....

On Sunday, for dinner, we went to a lounge near us in Pickering. There was a band or group playing. the trombonist or tromboneteer
is a former student. The group does jazz or swing style music.
We ate a well presented meal and listened to very pleasant song stylings.
I'm not comfortable when I don't know what to expect i.e. a lounge ? what is it ?
You're at dinner and someone plays music. Neat

M. is not a jazz fan but she liked the music.
They served good wine. Waht more does she need ?

We'll definato go back. Winters are long in the GWN.

Mr C next door called and thanked me for getting his 2 printers up and running. I explained the travails of the day in computer Never Never land. I think he understands sporadic reward in computers or printers.

Coffee break is over , well not really , I'm just stopping the typing.

TTFN


No comments:

Post a Comment