Wednesday 10 October 2012

'tweet ' silence

No, I don't tweet or twitter or titter ( well not in public )
On " Q " a radio show broadcast via PRI as well as locally, the topic of buying ' followers ' came up.
What ? Yes. A blogger dude bought Twitter followers so that his # of followers went up.
He paid $ 200 for 27 K ' zombies ' Apparently, a firm in India has a reserve audience that they transfer to your Twitter acct. The ' zombies '  don't react to your tweets, they're just there.

Fishing; Yesterday went out morning and afternoon. South wind strong and gusty.

Morning : drifted upriver from QMH, jigging about 200 yds up, felt a hit and set the hook. This was a strong walleye - not. Got 3 looks at depth, walleye, walleye , muskie. The fight lasted 4 minutes and a lot of line singing happened and the drag screamed. Got Mr muskie into the boat and he flopped around.
Camera won't stay on - low batteries ? . No picture, folks. Trust me he was big - 40 inches and maybe 6 #. Well, the weather was overcast so the picture would have been poor anyway.
Afternoon, 1 small walleye.
It was cold mostly and hard to position the boat almost all the time. Heck, I was even thinking of anchoring. Anchoring, I'd rather eat my shorts. But almost.

There is something about that south wind. The poem goes " wind from the south blows the bait in the fish's mouth " but on the 'bee , the south wind brings rain. And this fall, that S wind has been cruel.
I live w/ the N or NE ( prevailing ) and I guess that I know where to hide from that wind, but S, its been hard. I can't remember feeling that way last year. But then, I was so disappointed overall, maybe, I blotted out the details.

Sad, I don't think so, I'll fish in Fla, in my shorts and T shirt and watch for dolphins.
Tough life , I know.

officially, the plan was to fish til Oct 20 something. I think the boat comes out next week, early.

No comments:

Post a Comment