Friday 26 October 2012

The impossible and the ridiculous

Yesterday, as well as muffins, we did a turkey - all the trimmings ( does that mean stuffing and gravy or did we need more.... ?  ).

The ' we ' is M, as my contribution was carrying the bird around the house. I washed the turk and rubbed the carcass down w/ soya sauce.

On ' Diners, Drive Ins and Dives ' I've noticed handling the beastie before hand is essential. Clean and season, well before hand. The cooks / chefs often marinate for 3 days.

I chose soya sauce b/c a) I'm oriental or asian ( we're not sure or I'm not sure what is the appropriate / acceptable terminology, basically, I don't care but I'm not Chinese )

b) the soya sauce is vinegar and spices and sugar, the essentials for marinades

c) the extra colour is not going to hurt

d) if you're worried about the flavour, don't
   its as if you used Worchestshire or any other seasoning sauce.

e) I put soya sauce on almost everything, even turkeys

All in all, fantastique. If you can get turkey, rice and gravy for dins, well, thats a wrap for me.  And left-overs, rice, gravy and stuffing.

Movie review for " Salmon Fishing in the Yemen " ( yes, the DVD came yesterday too ! )
Starring Emily Blunt, Ewan McGregor and someone who plays the sheikh ( the ' visionary ' who dreams of salmon running in the desert ) and he may be the plum in the pudding ( a very British expression, that ).

Very good. We and I mean ' we ' are watching for the second time since yesterday. This behaviour is not normal ,  The topic came up
at Mr Cs while we were talking about movies.
He was questioning my ability to recall dialogue from many movies. He discovered that 6 or 7 times in a month for a movie,  is quite possible for me.

The movie plays w/ subtitles for English hearing impaired ( for me ). Apparently, this is not normal either. But I'm trying to learn from the movie.  Always, trying to learn from what I see.

BTW - M is really watching , I can tell. Aha, another successful DVD purchase. Sporadic rewards, aussi.

OK. Worth the $ 17, ??????????????, I'm pleased as punch w/ the DVD. EB is so - a babe.
Speaking of babes, Natalie Portman ( nee Herschlag... en or something ) was highlighted in celebrities who changed their name.

The turk bones are souping right now. I'll have stock by this afternoon.

Oh, this is the part in the movie where EB and EM become partners, ah, true love. If that doesn't soak your panties

No comments:

Post a Comment