Saturday 27 October 2012

The Poker blog

I play poker in 3 leagues ( M's terminology ). I play weekly during the winter months. Weekly, all year and monthly, there is very little overlap.

This week, it was Thur and Fri.  I managed to do ' the double ' as they say in jolly Ole England.  I won both nights. There are two groups and way different styles.  Now, you need a whack of luck, as well. My winnings wouldn't buy a new fishing rod and besides I'll give it back next week.

We're still eating turkey, stuffing, rice and gravy. So neat, that.

We have rain, we will have rain and then we get the blowback from hurricane Sandy. Figure that the leaves are 60% done. The reds are gone and its mostly yellow, touch of brown and definitely some trees are still green.

Taylor Swift is no longer in government. She broke up w/ the Kennedy kid and is on the hunt for a life partner, good luck Taylor.

I'm watching "Elementary " on TV,  the Sherlock Holmes re-tread. Its got less reference to the original stories so far. And of course, Watson is a female. Overall, its or he's a little too... something. Intense, I think manic could be the word. Still its better than nothing and thats the norm on TV.

My fav, channels are still the HD trio Oasis, Equator and RadX w/ the first 2 definitely the best. Their forte is travelogue type shows
- the ' Monarchs of the World ' etc. HD was meant for scenic shows. Definitely not hockey or football, geez, a bloody waste of technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment