Sunday 25 June 2017

Blue Skies

smiling at me
Nothing but blue skies do I see "

by ................. ????   Arlen .......  Carmichael ?

P.S. since the first entry this A.M. , the Cdn flag went up on the 35 ft flag pole on the lawn. This year is the 150 th anniversary of Confederation , i.e. Canada as a country independent almost of England ( nice try , she is still on our money )

As well , years ago , a gift form English relatives was a tea towel    ( drying dishes kind ) had a motif , the was a recipe for  ' cream teas ' or scones. The instructions sat there looking at us , hanging on the kitchen wall. 
enough is enough
I made the recipe
We are eating them , now. The old Asian recipe for scones worked great ! I can bake scones
I cheated : you're supposed to flour the baking sheet - I used parchment paper
you're supposed to cut them into rounds
- I cut them into squares

Surprise ! the scones taste like scones , no matter the shape

Thats my morning

Oh , measurements in grams of flour , and millilitres of milk , sure use these all the time ... not !

Skies blew up w/ rain and thunder . Ka bam ,  Ka pow ( the brothers )

P.P.S. last night , at 9 PM after a nap , I was wide awake.
Lately , I've been looking at a bookshelf that holds DVD s. Natch , the shelves are way too far apart for DVD s instead of books.
Thursday , pausing during exercise , I started to dismantle the sucker. The DVD s were in boxes , roughly alphabetical.
Why not , was the thought that jumped out of my brain.
Thus , last night , I took apart the bookcase down to the bones.
I stripped off the tack paper cover , pulled out nails and staples.
Hate staples , these were a 1/4 in long pounded into the wood and composite board.
I braced the uprights b/c all the support was gone.
I cut the shelves to length and in a moment of genius cut chopsticks to stick in holes as shelf supports. Drilled the holes and stuck in the chopstick bits.
OK , shift the angle brackets for support , to allow DVD s to fit against the uprights.
Da da ! Success.  
Noooooo 
I'm putting back the DVD s and the loaded middle shelf drops down on me ( the DVD s stayed in alpha order )
Now , I used real brackets for shelf support. Lesson learned.

Practicality trumps ingenuity ( shouldn't have used that word 
b/c trump doesn't trump anything except the housefly and even thats a close call ).

Done , and 3 shelves instead of 2. Everything fits neatly.

Next !

The kink in the two piece flag pole has been jerry rigged straight.
I jammed 2 pieces of wood to slightly take out the lean.
Flying high , for one week and a tad




No comments:

Post a Comment