Saturday 24 June 2017

the morning After

a poker game

Broken sleep the night before and then the game.
Things went well , for me. I didn't fall asleep in the middle of a hand and managed to win some money.
Survival , on the long drive over 50 minutes to the host's place was the order of the day

Weather : big blue sky but the threat of rain lingers

Chia pet worked its wonders again , eliminatory success.
The knee has responded to TLC and is back in business
Last night , on a non weight work out day , I decided to do only calisthenics , no elliptical.

My big concern is always wight gain when I don't exercise
and it seldom happens but when you're neurotic about exercise / weight control
Well ! , you're neurotic

To do , to day was a wake for a friend's father. Actually , both brother and sister are friends. I traveled w / the son to Europe and led a student tour of Italy w/ the other.
The mother was dear friend. Daddy , not so.
You see , I always felt that Daddy was being nice and tolerated me b/c of my link to the other 3.
However , we had occasion to attend a wedding , out of town. Daddy drove and I had a beer at lunch and then a cocktail at the reception. Mommy came to me at the beginning of dinner and said ' Daddy , needs you to drive home '.
I said that I'd stop drinking and was able to drive.
When we got home , Mommy said ' he must trust you , otherwise , he wouldn't have slept '.
" Aha " I thought

And I'm recovered mostly , I think from ' no sleep ' night and poker.




No comments:

Post a Comment