Monday 24 January 2022

another brick in the

 wall - sang Pink Floyd ( ? )

We get a second slam of snow tonight.

Like Deja Vu, all over again. How bad ? Dunno

Official notice re: TV remote which is unavailable due to damage,  arrived via email.
I responded to the seller. The seller said yes ' refund '. Amazon Ca said ' refund '. I get a refund.

Item : couldn't find the LG remote. Ordered a replacement from Amazon.  And we found the original remote for LG. Waited. The seller advised that the remote could not be delivered due to damage at the warehouse. Thus, cancel item and REFUND

The cost $9. However, it feels satisfying that I didn't goof it up.
BTW, I use that remote daily. In fact, now.
I ordered and got and set up a bed table - like for feeding people in bed. The 24 in TV sits there. A dongle has the TV plugged and runs to the laptop. Thus, I can watch the computer screen on TV.
Its much easier to spot mistakes < typo s > and video games as well.

As at now, I'm playing ' Detective Sherlock ' or find the items. E.g. pocket watch, rat, bottle or plane - scattered and slightly camouflaged in a scene. I've improved quite a bit. My scores started out at 15 - 20 000. Now, I average 28 000. However, my suspicions are growing that I've failed to register or hit the wrong icon. I'm seeing the same scenes - different objects. 
Kills time and is good eye to hand coordination etc.

The story. I found a YouTube video, called ' Into the Light '. The Drum and Bugle Corp, Phantom Regiment has the bass brass line play a wake up based on their show. The piece is ' Into the Light ' and part of the performance that year. I discovered that the origin of the music is by Michael Kamen, ' New Moon in the Old Moon's Arms '. An 8 part ' symphony ' or mood piece.
I'd never heard that expression ' new moon in .... etc ' before. I Googled the term and many cultures have an expression for the phenomena.
Last night, I read an older novel by Roger Zelazny    < pre - bed routine >, called ' Nine Princes in Amber '. And, yes, you got it, there's the expression, new moon in the old moon's arms. I read it all those years ago ( say 1975 ) and never noticed it.

Still, a really fine piece of music. As well, its the theme music for ' Band of Brothers ', the HBO series.

Is all life, related or
the ' fundemantal interconnectedness of all life ' true. Dirk Gently, fictional hero? of Douglas Adams' esoteric mind - solves crimes based on this principle.


No comments:

Post a Comment