Friday 14 January 2022

" You're as Cold As Ice...

 or the day is ! Another Frosty Flakes morning and its not a cereal
The wind is roaring through the trees and roaring in your face - too boot.

The experiment goes on.
No laptop etc prior to bedtime. The experts say ' one hour before bed do not use backlit screens '. You read that the blue light that computer screens use - is actually a brain ' waker upper '
Hence the prohibition on my laptop use. I've been using the self imposed 2 h rule.
So describe, last night, if you will.
I read a little at 11 or so. I was awake but comfortable. I seemed to have slept through til approx 5:30 AM when I got up to pee plus my eyes were dry. Next it was a little before 8 and Da Da -here I am. 

I've been out for garbage can retrieval and check  for mail. Yes, crisp and force for sure. But the sun burst out and w/ the blue sky - a pretty picture if your face doesn't go solid and fall off

Well, its 8 ish at night and this is the last of the typing before the 2 h ' o laptop ' rule goes into effect. BTW, I likely mentioned that CV 19 and associated disruption have thrown many people into the ' can't sleep ' deep end.
However, for me this is a chronic behaviour. But in the last 20 years - the elctronic age - I admit to an over - reliance on the little box for pre - sleep activity. In fact my 2 h avoidance scheme seems to include TV pretty much. 

I'm reading or writing long hand < one night, anyway > Hey, maybe trying something different is the key.

And Brett Anderson at Accuweather is confirming that a polar highway < my terms > is due to open in a few days and allows cold < like what else >Arctic air to pierce through the heart of Canada ( and U.S. ) The period will extend into the first 10 days of February. The cold will be followed by stormier weather.



No comments:

Post a Comment