Thursday 13 January 2022

What the Dog Walker s See

 on our street

blue from the carriage lights and sparklers under the window at ours. A ' hello ' in the dark

Well, we had the skylight inspected and retrofitted w/ insulation and sheathing to ' fix ' the drip. The company was good about coming out to take a look. The fellow who came may have installed the skylight last September. He found a flaw in the tape area between the skylight flashing and the roof tile substrate. Funnily, M found drips later after he had left

I installed a chin up bar for M b/c we saw a video that said that a hang from a chin up bar might relieve stress on a bulging disc.
I figured that I'd test the bar - to see if it would hold my weight. ' Oh, I'll do a chin up to test '
Nope ! not one. Hanging was hard. Really, not one chin up  ...... talk about depressing.

Anyway, deep dish quattro pizza, ' Canadian ' was good. Greasy, but good. From Lil Caesars

My dental appt is today - yes,  amid Omicron. Surprise ! the dentist office had several cancellations. I took an earlier appointment time.

Frigid overnight temperatures are returning in a day or 2.

Dentist went swimmingly. Then shopping..... rice was on sale ..... egad

give me a break ! If there wasn't beer in my cart - I'd have walked out.

The line up for self serve checking was 10 people - almost left the cart there .... but the beer

Survival is the key - you need beer - thats a given

From now on its 7 AM at SuperStore, or nothing

In lieu of the laptop, last night, I wrote out a sample entry for the blog. I found ' diary ' material from 1972. One line said :
" if in the future, you read this, buy the ' Avengers ' series w/ Patrick McNee and Diana Rigg < BBC productions >
Surprise ! Already done.

As well, one of my favourite quotes is ' The scenario does not always work out the way one would choose. For every dictum there is a contradction '.
The situation was a match race for 2 horses at Hollywood Park. The owners bet 100 000 each. Fletcher Jones, entrepeneur - world bon vivant had a speed horse, Typecast. He gave great interviews. Horse racing he said, ' is a numbers game. There are more losers than winners. You must select your opportunities '. Typecast lost to a staying horse, Convenience. Hence, the quote.
Jones died September of that year , in a small plane accident. I kept the clippings from Sports Illustrated. The quote and a photo of Jones and girlfriend watching the race. 
Why ? A moment in time, a quote - a truth. 


No comments:

Post a Comment