Wednesday 12 January 2022

Life : one big experiment

 referencing my ' no laptop ' before bed trials. The same situation, I didn't drop off immediately but I was comfortable - relaxed. We shall see ......

BTW, I was remembering as a teenager that I would listen to talk show radio falling asleep as a teenager - yes, even back then - bad habits.

The cold spell broke b/c it was only 28 overnight c.f. single digits the previous night ( s )

The CBC has a piece on the psychological aspect of the CV 19 journey. As well, South African trials are re - emphasizing the rapid spread of Omicron and the problematic ' asymptomatic ' phase of infection in Omicron variant people

The day as it is. Gloomy and still - the feeling is waiting ..... for ?

" I remember, I remember, the place where I was born ..... " by Hood ?

The video that I watched criticized poorly designed electronics from China. Sometimes the fault was lousy apps to run the object.
Then
I thought about growing up. Cheap and knock off were associated w/ ' made in Japan '. Then ' made in Japan ' was all the rage and the prices climbed. Now, you still want ' made in Japan ' but its not
....Singapore < if you are lucky > - Pakistan, China - ah the romance of the Far East.

I might have mentioned that in 1985 or so, friends of my father's had a massage chair. A family of brothers and one sister lived close by to my parents. The centre point of their living room was a massage chair. The brothers booked time on the chair. I laughed.
Some months later, I was aching and thought  ' the Chair ! '. It was not simple. I called the importer < the chair was made by Koizuma Corp > and talked price. All in $600 something. ' Wow ! ' back then a third of a car. Well, in a fit of something or other - I ordered the chair from Japan.  A month or 2 later, a call comes ' pickup your chair '. Now, I don't know what I was thinking but I drove over, approx 20 miles, to get the chair.  I had a hatchback and took rope.
Crikey, the thing was enormous. However, take away the box and Japanese ingenuity < everybody was Japanese or Japanese-Canadian > and the hatch closed. It took three people to get it out of the hatch.
The chair was a hit w/ eveyone except M < yes, we met about then >

Fast forward. Well, still in the basement, still working at 36 years. Ah, the Koizuma. Admittedly, the design is primitive and no heating feature but the sucker works - and works effectively.

On CBC TV, a info segment topic was ' trouble sleeping ' and that the pandemic worsened an already noticeable problem.
OK Solutions. Exercise regularly, develop a routine, ' NO ' electronics screens one hour before bed < mine was 2 h > and don't be hungry or too full from eating. Thus, I've got most of that covered   < now, maybe >

The roofers sent a service tech and found a sealing gap that could open up between flashing and the roof substrate < water seepage entrance >. The guy got a close to optimal day for temperature and precipitation. Just makes the work easier and problem easier to solve
TG. B/c its a long way to spring < or seems a lo.....ong way, away >

No comments:

Post a Comment