Sunday 26 February 2023

 ➰

someone wrote a book, the 'Iceman Cometh ' 
well, that s me today.
At this house our cathedral ceiling is an architectural addition and a gynormous pain in the netherparts.
Almost yearly, I go out and pickaxe ice bergs out of the gutter over the backporch
The melt water from the roof [ metal ] is encouraged by the warmer structure and the 2 skylights.
EEK !
as happens quite often the downspout freezes closed and the water fills the gutters. One year, I put in an electrical gable warmer and mostly solved the problem.
Unfortunately, this year, the free flowing downspout was traumatized by a four day cold snap follwed by horrid winter precipitation. Hence, my invite to go chop ice bergs.
as well, I decided to take down the downpipe and shorten the run for the next few months til winter gives up.

No comments:

Post a Comment