Sunday 19 February 2023

💜 FE XIX

 💜 a shape and colour

For the last few days, I've switched laptops from the older Dell [ fixed keyboard ] to the newer Lenovo Duet. The keyboard detaches b/c the Duet can be a tablet.

Oops ! I started something here that I may [ likely ] regret.
Whats up?
B/c the keys on this Lenovo keyboard are small then you don't easily feel the contact or completion of each fingerstroke. This might be called key travel. If c
ursor motion can be highlighted then I should be able to notice if the fingerstrike created an action. 

The OS allows a) the cursor to be highlighted

b) the cursor to flash if moving

CRAP spent 1/2 h trying to correct the cascade of changes that I started

SOLUTION : USE A DIFFERENT KEYBOARD

Of course, I knew this long ago. The last few days, I said ' lets give the accompanying keyboard another try '

NOPE

I need a keyboard w/ travel so that I can feel the strokes complete
AND I need a mouse

My experimenting days are over. No matter how clumsy the extra keyboard is --- worth it

You better know that the Dell laptop has been slow loading YouTube and images - almost as if there was hesitating.

The thinking is, getting older and bogging down.

Just a try w/ the newer model. Feels wrong. Shouldn't the problem be fixable ?

 


No comments:

Post a Comment