Friday 17 February 2023

❤ Pretending to be normal

 

The Nightly Report. Of course, slept propped up. An early morning coughing jag was followed w/ a nasal rinse and a capsule of Mucinex [ figure I'm still expelling phlegm ]. Then managed a sleep til 5:30 AM

Rumour has it that people have colds and get better.
We shall see said the Zen Master

From CBC online. Coyote Mating Season in B.C.

On normal. What is normal.
I am breathing easily. Perhaps, slightly tired. But body feels able to move w/ out discomfort
In my mind, I'm ready to exercise. Again, not much really, I'd plan on a short [ 1 / 2 h ] session on the elliptical. I guess gradually, working back to pre - holiday level of workouts AND of course, pre -sickie level of workout as well.

Call it, ' Chasing Normal ' or someday, I'll get there. 

OK. Revving up to a workout. 

The workout was hallabaloo about nothing. I kept the time to 37 min., mostly elliptical. I watched the final [ thank god ] episode of ' Lockwood and Co '. Should never have started. Premise is that haunting is real and society needs organized protection. The protection is government run - get the idea of how good the service is ????

Well, I did sweat and showered [ all important concepts ].

For reference, the  ' Battle of Charles St. ' takes place tomorrow in Baltimore. The two Div 1 teams Loyola of Maryland and Johns Hopkins University play the yearly [ almost ] inter street game. I have been to Ridley Complex and Homewood Field. Ridley is called the     ' Dog Pound ' [ ala Greyhounds ]. Homewood is Homewood. Hallowed ground of the winningnest club and university team in lacrosse.
The first live game that I saw was at Homewood vs Loyola. The Hounds came out first and looked impressive. I later discovered that there is someting about Baltimore area teams that is an in - born lax identity.
The BlueJays dominated that game. I did not know that that team would go on to win 16 games against no losses and the National Championship. In fact, I returned 10 weeks later to see JHU play Marist College [ MAAC ].

Traditionally after each goal, the Hop band plays ' We Want More '. The crowd counts the goals out. That day the cheer went out ' we want 24 ! '. Yep. 24


No comments:

Post a Comment