Saturday 4 February 2023

🌝 over the Tradewinds

 🌝 a smiley face to start the day

I'm not smiling. Awake ?
Leftover coffee and some help


Not quite full

I figured a picture is a picture and has meaning in and of itself. This view caught my fancy
On prepping for the homeward leg.
people start to pack to see if it will fit. Somehow clothes etc expand. Likely to do w/ so much care squeezing the stuff in vs. ' well, we wash at home - toss the totality in '

Me. Found a friend who could get a hacksaw. Quite the adventure that. Sounds like a jail break.

Anyway. I'd been thinking. Always dangerous. The new fishing rod would work well at home for spring fishing. BUT the 33 inch length for top portion and butt end - too long for the big suitcase.
Aha. At home, I re - modeled two or three rods, the last couple of years. This Ozark Trail 5' 6 " needed some alteration to use comfortably.
In my dreams, I cut off the bottom 5 inches of the lower stiff rod section, fold the springy top part of the rod. Yes, a fit. But can M .. get her stuff in w/ the bent top portion.

We shall see said the Zen Master  [ yeah, him again ]

Back home. I'll fit the old butt end but add a extra 4 inches for comfort. The strength needs to be in the top 90 % of the rod. I'll re - inforce the new butt end [ as I've done before ]
See. not your average packing.
A sunny day, bright blue and hazy sky above.
The wind was to be reckoned w/, strong and flipping N through West

No comments:

Post a Comment