Sunday 12 August 2012

have you seen the muffin man...

... and other mixed items.

To-day is a muffin day. Raisin bran muffins. the recipe comes off the bag for Rogers Whole Bran. slightly modified by moi. To wit, the oil is canola and the flour is whole wheat ( this might make the muffins denser v. white flour, good or bad ) and Splenda brown sugar v. reg. brown sugar. I insist on real vanilla not the artificial kind ( alcohol and some ester + brown dye #2 ).
This baking day, is my proof that I'm retired and can do anything I want. This ritual has been dwarfed by the QMH runs which REALLY prove that I have time to burn, oh well this tasted much better.
In Fla, last year, I couldn't find whole bran. Bran cereal which I've used before, bran muffin mix ( read artificial  everything ) and flax meal ( its not even close ).  I wonder what the penalty for smuggling bran across the border is ?

Back to muffin day. Two muffins are plain, b/c someone doesn't eat raisins. The rest are the real thing. Warm muffins is definitely proof of something.

Olympic foofor-rah. Canada had a bronze ,then it didn't have a bronze in the mens 4 x 100.
We stepped on the lane line, foul.
I've been noticing Google, my home page has had an Olympic theme picture for two weeks.
Each day a different venue or sport is shown. None have the Olympic flame which is fitting b/c apparently unless you're in the Olympic stadium you can't see the flame.

movie reviews. I goofed. I Borrowed ' Lions for Lambs ' again. This is a tri- focus story circa 2006, concerning the Mid-East conflict ( in the movie they can't even agree what to call it )esp. Afghanistan.
A political science prof ( Robert Redford )is having a heart to heart repurposing session w/ a disgruntled student.
A senator( Tom Cruise, ideal role for him, slick, over-blown smile etc. ) has arranged a face to face , very open interview w/ a veteran reporter ( Meryl Streep ). Interlaced w/ these shots are real shots as two former students of the prof are in Afghanistan and in a world of hurt.

You watch LfL and go ,creepers, this is deja vu - all over again. They could let the senator give the same talk to-day and except for his tie, you'd hardly noticed the difference.

We have a cool day here, dampish but bluer sky. This is late spring type weather for us.

OK Muffin time

No comments:

Post a Comment