Sunday 19 August 2012

You know when ......

.. you're having a bad day if you put evaporated milk in your lemon water.
Every morning I have warm water and lemon. This tissane ( it sounds so cool when you describe it like that  ) is supposed to balance your body pH. Actually I forget exactly why its good for you. The lemon tissane does cleanse your mouth - the morning leftovers from night-mouth.
This morning, I wasn't sure if the evap milk was still fresh. I put some evap milk in a spoon and tasted and dropped it right into the tissane and not the coffee, yick !. OK - OK I may not have been totally awake.

In reading, Sympatico news ( Symp is our server ) I realized, no, this mornings troubles were not important.
You know ' you're having a bad day when ... '
You swerve to avoid hitting a moose and nail a brown bear instead.
In Norway, on a rural road, a driver had this happen.

Back to the top. I use evaporated milk in my coffee. The Chinese restaurants here also use
evaporated milk for coffee. I think the evaporated milk is cheaper than cream or creamer.
The most famous brand in Canada is ' Carnation ' evaporated milk. Its one of those names that is synonomous with the product.
Stan Rogers, a Canadian folk singer, now deceased, wrote of ' dripping Carnation from the can ' and everyone knew what it meant.

I buy the house brand evaporated milk, so I guess I ' drip Equality from the can ' into my lemon tissane, yick, again.

Last night's BD do, turned out fantastic. Warm and convivial. The guest list is comprised of three groups more or less.
1. Relatives
2. Ex- high school friends and those who went to Bloor Collegiate, our alma mater.
3. Members of the ' Hockey Research Group '
   who gather to reminisce and investigate hockey related info.

The Bloor crowd spans something like 10 yrs in age difference. Some of us played football to-gether in Dufferin Park. And there are stories and stories of what happened there. 

The hockey group is actually famous and counts our Prime Minister as an honorary member. The PM is writing a book on hockey.
He wasn't there last night.

Wb is wearing pants and T-shirt on the monitor, so its cool but bright, great start to the day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment