Sunday 19 August 2012

Watcha doing Sat....

Up early and off to return DVDs. ' John Carter of Mars ' went home to Barsoom ( Mars in some Martian language ), the Red Box DVD machine at Walmart, not the red planet.

' JCoM ' got negative reviews and low returns from the box office. The scuttlebutt in the press say Disney Productions may not back another venture such as ' JCoM '.  The losses from ' JCoM ' were staggering to the bottom line at DPs.
Positive comments, production values were high, not pretentious and w/ humour. There was plenty of action and interesting twists.
I read Edgar Rice Burroughs ( author of the ' John Carter ' books ( also Tarzan ) and this was a faithful interpretation of what I remember. Jazzed up w/ CG and modern dialogue , of course, ' JCoM ' was worth buying but I didn't. So, I'll be looking for an used copy.

' Uncle ' wasn't at the Italian store at least not out front. However, the same cashier was. The total came to $ 20.96 for the taralli. She said " That'll be $ 20 " so I paid no tax actually. I guess she remembered that I'm 'uncle's ' buddy '.

Later, we attend a 62 BD do. I know b/c birthday boy and I  are the same age. Len and I know each other from Gr 9. We had a common friend back then. I don't see Bobby any more but somehow Len and I still get to-gether.

Family dynamics  dictate that Len hold this summer do, almost every year. The family only gets to-gether at times such as this. You see no other family member will hold a family affair b/c its too much trouble. Not Xmas but if someone dies they get to-gether.

' Weather boy ' is our nickname for the inside / outside weather monitor that sits on our living room table. The weather is bright and blue, cool -  a stunner of a day.' Wb ' has been wearing clothes lately ( no, he's not naked in summer , he has swim trunks )

Further to the ' Pussy Riot ' trial in Russia, they got 3 yrs hard labour. Kabonga dudes, thats forever over there.

No comments:

Post a Comment