Friday 17 August 2012

Punk me, why not

Pussy Riot, the name of a punk rock band, has been found guilty of blasphemy in Russia. Thats not the real charges ( about 4 of them ), but guess what - thats what they got charged with. Blasphemy against society and the church ( performance was in a church ) and V. Putin.
Putin appparently, has some pull w/ the courts.

Plans for to-day, include Deja Vu ( used DVD store ) to try for ' John Carter of Mars '.
A detour to Dacon Int'l ( Italian food store ) to stock up on taralli. Taralli are pretzels w/ different flavours. The taralli are twisted or looped, baked but not usually salted. My favs , as of now, are fennel flavoured and rosemary and black olive. I sort of stand out b/c everyone else is Italian, and they buy olives and cheese and deli meats ( salami, proscuitti etc).

 The 'uncle ' guy there, has been talking to me since I started going to Dacon. I have moved w/ them from store to store. Lately, ' uncle ' has been following me to the cashier. Once, he asked about chocolate covered almonds and cranberries. " Do you like chocolate ? "
I said " Yes ", ' uncle ' starts tossing bags of treats into my plastic bag.
I suppose that I must have looked shocked or unsure. The cashier winks at me and says " He means it ".
Last time, I separated the taralli to give them to two families and the different flavours. ' Uncle ' grabs one bag and says to the cashier " my buddy won't be charged for this bag, OK ? " Again, the cashier nods and says " Its alright, I understand ".  I keep waiting to be arrested as I leave.

Weather is cool w/ blue sky. I think it will be described as unsettled and sub normal in temperature.

The Canadian National Exhibition starts to-day. The highlights , are foods , esp. deep fried bacon wrapped Mars bars and 2 hamburger patties in a Krispy Kreme donut.

What is that expression ' gag me w/ a spoon '
or gag me w/ a hamburger bun ?.

Yesterday, I went to the barber. my hair was making me feel uncomfortable. H/H is my bane.
The problem is, when I go to Tony, I never know if I'm going to ask for a thin and trim or a toupee. My bald spot is the size of a yarmulka. Give me a brown robe and I could pass for a cousin of Friar Tuck ( Asian branch ).

No comments:

Post a Comment