Sunday 26 August 2012

Take a Chance on me....

( is the 'ABBA line ) or it could be plain, serendipity.

Last night on CBC, the evening program is ' Saturday Night Blues ' w/ Holger Peterson. I've tried to listen and learn but its not my cup of tea. But I keep going back, in case, you now recognize this compulsive behaviour. Talk about sporadic rewards. Holger had an interview w/ Bill Medley of the 'Righteous Bros ' - blues ??? RBros ? , - I give.
I didn't know that the RBros fronted for the Beatles and hated it. " 12 minutes of fans yelling - BEATLES, BEATLES ". RBros asked to leave the tour early.
The boys opened for the Rolling Stones , too, they liked that.
great story - the RBros are with Phil Spector ( recording giant ) and PS is fighting w/ Cynthia Weil and Barry Mann. Weil and Mann have started writing " Love and Inspiration " and won't let PS have the song.
RBros leave PS and contact Weil/Mann about 'Inspiration .. '. The W/M team send a demo tape w/ 'Inspiration 'almost finished and 5 other songs. The RBros start to work w/ 'Inspiration 'and quickly listen to the other songs and decide , No , they'll stay w/ ' Inspiration ' - phenomenal hit for RBros.

The 5 songs they turned down ? - all top ten hits for other groups.

So, I'll give Holger another chance, who knows - sporadic rewards.

" Addictions " is the name of a Robert Palmer album. " Addicted to Love " is on the CD.
My addiction is coffee. Once, ten cups of Joe was fairly normal. Now, i've got it down to 5, maybe.
While teaching, some public awareness campaign had the kids wearing ribbons w/ " My choice Drug Free ". I altered my ribbon to read " My choice Drug 'caffeine ' ". i received criticism for tampering w/ the message. When the kids asked about the change in slogan, they started to see that caffeine was a drug like any other w/ side effects.
yeah, it keeps me so even tempered and calm.

I put a little water in the cup and ' zap ' the water in the m/w. then I add coffee and ' drip Equality from the can '.
I travel w/ coffee in the car. The usual rule is no coffee after lunch.
My Mom used to say about my Dad " that man never says no, to a cup of coffee ".
Ah, genetics, I come by my addiction honestly. BTW, mom has always put water into her coffee. Egads, folks, destined to be like my parents.

I had a ' Rocky Road ' addiction. In my bachelor days, I kept a 1/2 gallon of RckyRd in the freezer. Baskin and Robbins was on the way home. At the 'Farm Store ' Kawartha Dairies ' sells Moose Droppings - chocolate swirls, chocolate chips and nuts. Yes, its in the freezer at QMH.

Acu - stimualtion. I'm still stimulating the knee but the ice is the best. Those Orientals
sure can flog medical stuff - where is Dr. Ho selling his crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment