Thursday 30 August 2012

The perfect name

You've seen boats that are named ' Sunset Years ' , ' the West Wind ' etc. My basboat is grey and white. I thought I'd pick ' Grey Lady ' - sounds like some old broad owns it.
How about an agressive name ' Bass Hunter '
but you want it to be accurate and reflect something about the boat or owner. I've imagined " Bass Ackwards " but I think I saw this already.
To reflect my fishing style, the name needs to be ' Stumbled Upon It ' or  ' S.U.I. ' but the acronym looks like a Chinese name and I look Oriental enough.
We don't want to encourge ' nipper tipping '
NT occurs when a group of white people or whitish people get irritated at Asian fishermen and throw the Asians or their gear into the water.
Last year, after such an incident, a chase occurred involving two vehicles. One vehicle hit a tree and the ejected passenger died.
The chasing driver was charged and sentenced for careless driving. If the prosecution could have proved that this was a hate crime, the sentence might have been doubled.
The charged driver appealed and lost and will serve the year and a 1/2.

Whats left is ' Dumb Luck ' but this could sound pretty Oriental , too !
Now as I'm flying down the 'bee, I'm thinking  ' Go girl or something like that '
No, I'm not naming the boat ' Go Girl '.

I'll probably settle for  ' Fisherman's Folly '. Or ' Stratos At-us '  or "XTreme "
You see the model is a Stratos 176 XT.
Suggestions are welcome, keep it clean and non- Oriental,please.

Fishing to-day, started very slow. I went mostly light gear and for the first hour - mainly nibbles. On the light set-up, I began to get rock bass ( bless their little plastic eating hearts ), the dependables. RBs will always hit. I managed 2 lmbass which were really fun. So, on an outfit not particularly designed for bass, the bass still hit.
However, thrill of the morning, was a sighting of a walleye that made a pass at the minnow.
Last night was pretty but 1 lmbass and 1 crappie, was all. Friends are eager to find these crappie and get a bunch. I saved the crappie and hoped for 2 more to make a meal. In the end, Mr. C went back to eat more plastic.

Greased the trolley wheels this morning after fishing. The trolley was balking a bit so I figured - lesson learned - grease the sucker. I'm getting much better at the whole procedure. I shaved 15 minutes off the last time. But there is less cleaning to do.

BTW - while greasing, talked to two boats of people fishing - you guessed it - right in front of QMH.

One boat was a Stratos 186 XT but this is a 28 - 30  K $ rig. Its got a 175 Merc on the back or in my terms, 1 - 3 miles per gallon if he throttles back - fat chance. They run the big boys,  WOT - always, Wide Open Throttle.
Of course, I throttle back at 3800  - 4000 RPM and 30 MPH which is cruising range for  ' XTreme ' or 5 - 6 MPG. Yes, I'm really that cheap.
hey, sounds pretty good, huh - 'XTreme '
( somebody in the house will readily agree b/c I get called that already.)

No comments:

Post a Comment