Thursday 9 August 2012

If This is Thursday

Our mayor who weighs 320 # was just released from hospital. Apparently, all of T.O. was waiting to see when he'd be released. Huh, news to me , as if I care.

Big money, as in cash reserves, is leaving or has left Europe. We're talking Shell oil and manufacturing concerns that have or will ship their cash reserves from European banks ( or the countries where that money was earned )to safer business environments. So, the bailouts will need to be bigger to cover the missing back up funds. This sounds like a Machiavellian plot. Hell, it is a Machiavellian plot. The world is screwed - duh, like we didn't know that. Big corporations dominate finance - another duh, of course. Time to segue away from this discussion.

Good news - ??????????????

The rain is back and soaking into the ground. We'll get 2 days minimum of water. This irrigation is much needed here. Farmers were looking at big losses and still are, even with this latest downpour. 

Lawyers get scammed. YES couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of guys. Premise - potential client asks the lawyer to retrieve money owing
from a debtor.  Debtor agrees to pay and sends a check. The lawyer pays out the money and the check bounces. There are some other nuances but that's it basically.
Q: What do you call ten thousand lawyers chained to-gether at the bottom of the ocean  ?  
A: a good start

BTW - all this is true, sort of, I got it from the newspaper. Which means in 10 days they'll publish a correction, stating they mucked up some details.

In light of the mass shooting in Co., a German sounding psychiatrist, noting the accused person's lack of presence of Facebook determined that we could have predicted the disaster by realizing the accused was cut off from the real world re: social networking.

Crikey man, I'm doomed. This blog is my social media and I got 2 readers - maybe 3, no 2 for sure.
I would think real,actual, warm blooded people should count first and I've got at least 2 friends, maybe 3, no 2 for sure.
I'm doomed.

Fishing report. The largemouth bass were big, not plentiful, I got pictures.
However, I've developed the habit of wearing a powder blue fishing shirt ( big pockets, sun collar and seen in many photos where the dude is trying to look like a fisherman ) and a blue bandanna ( wicks away moisture ) and a brown cap ( it reads STRATOS, the name of the boat company ).
The pictures are mostly taken, heck, all taken, in the boat, using the self-timer, camera on the front seat. I release 95 % of the bass. The upshot is all the photos are starting to look alike - you know oriental fisherman dressed in blue, holding big fish - well, sometimes.
Those bass are going to have to change their facial expression or scale colour - sheesh its that same green-brown all the time.
I always feel anyone can catch one bass - the experts can find many. I'm still catching them 1 or 2 at a time.
The loon colony was out again, the birds, the birds. I found a cool spot to waste 2 hours with a little breeze on Wed night. Tried 3 different lures and the oldest and least used produced a fish. The lure is called a Jitterbug by Arbogast.
Both these names are legendary in fishing. the 'bug' imitates a frog gurgling its way across the water. Do frogs gurgle ? , well apparently, bass think so. The action is phenomenal. Gurgle, gurgle ( a few more ) and then a huge splash and the line goes taut. normally, the bass inhale lures on the surface as only largemouth can do. I'm mean its the ' suck zone ' they take it all.
I mention the 'bug ' b/c it got # 1 spot in the greatest all time bass lures, this was on YouTube videos. A friend and I commented that it was such an old lure the pollster or pollees must be ancient. I mean there must be 40 or 50 new lures every year.
Hence, the attempt to ' bug' my way into a fish - that worked- once. Yep, once. 3 casts and bingo ! Then another 50 casts and nada.

Now to dig out all the other winners in the best lure poll, and they're all oldies too !
And of course, I've got them somewhere.
There is the  old saying " The fisherman who dies with the most tackle - wins "
trust me - I'm in the running.

No comments:

Post a Comment