Saturday 4 August 2012

Tramp ( polin ) ing

Watching more Olympics, trampoline in particular was highlighted. Yep, they judge this one too. At least the track portion has started. The shotput was on the most.

We're warm and sticky, HH. This summer is supposed to be normal or average, and this year is the same as 2011. I don't recall that summer being so hot. It might be the dryness but the humidity is high. David Phillips of Env Canada once said people get used to a certain set of conditions and forget that over the long term our weather trends up or down. for instance, he mentioned S. On folks don't remember what a normal winter is b/c have been a little warmer over the last ten years.

This info makes me feel a little better about my memory from when I was young - er. I seem to recall more snow ( snowbanks over my head etc) and cold. Phillips said S. Ontarians aren't prepared for a normal winter in terms of clothing or car preparations ( tires, batteries etc ).

This ' normal ' is averaged over a long time but you'd think we would have some inkling of what is ' normal ' - I guess I'm thinking summers might be the same. Now, it doesn't help that I don't do well in the heat. Before I was married, my little bungalow went without A/C which means that I did without A/C also. But I was younger and tougher ( and too cheap ).
QMH has no A/C but we run for home when HH gets bad.

Fishing friends stay out all day in the summer, I just melt out there. I remember my brother when he was in Fla for the first time. for 2 days , he was outside 8 h a day.
Well, on day 3, he was inside staying cool and watered. You could be sitting beside him and feel the heat coming off his body. His pores looked like puncture holes in a piece of cheese.
He got smarter as a result.

I wear long sleeves and light sweats while fishing, yep, it gets warm, but that sun is no one's friend. Hat and bandana, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment