Wednesday 29 August 2012

Post -menopauasal women...

Tell me that I got your attn w/ this title.

On the caption bar for City Pulse news, the headline note was " post-menopausal women who cut out fried food for weight loss need to avoid dessert as well. " This tidbit did not go over well for the distaff side of our home.
" Its not fair " , I quote.

The wind blew itself out yesterday. Weather is cool but tres sunny. The wind is out of the N or NE. Its hard to tell b/c I'm not exactly sure what direction the river is, on our part of the 'bee here. I'm betting something close to NNE. Forecast was wind 10 - 15 KMH out of the W.

Fishing produced 4 bass and a mixed bag at that. All the lmbass were 1# or less. The smbass was 2# and caught on my lightest rod/ reel combo. This outfit is super lightweight and fun if a fish like the smallie hits.
Of course, the smbass hit right in front of the QMH, 20 yds out.
There is a back eddy in front of the two properties. Our part is the widest. I wanted to try on the edge of the back eddy and main flow. Yep, bingo-bango, the smbass was there.
trust me a 75 HP is not needed to get there.

Part of the reason that I wanted to try that spot was that this morning in a 1 hr span two boats came up the river ( from parts unknown ) and stopped in front of QMH and started fishing. I'm not sure they got anything but.... right in front. I don't care if they catch fish but I want my share, too !

It is very common to see boats troll or float by,  fishing at QMH.  This behaviour encourges me to promote the ' fish local ' strategy.
As well, quite often as a break from chores, I'll pick up a rod and try a few casts. This year, dock fishing has produced 3 lmbass and 1 walleye.

Strategy. I've been drop shotting to get deep. Results have been fair. This morning, I switched and put on a straight jig w/ a minnow ( plastique, au naturel ) and this change produced the most fish. And lots of hits.
After flogging 40 # line its refreshing to lighten up.

Part of the reason for changing tactics was that I've seen a lot of minnows jumping or scurrying on the surface as though they're being chased which is probably what is happening.
In fly fishing this tactic is called ' matching the hatch ' in my kind of fishing we don't get real fancy terminology like that. Our motto is ' Give 'em what they want '. M. really likes that kind of thinking applied to her. The old " happy wife, happy life " routine.

To-day is ' go to Costco ' . the big C  adventure. Our goal is to get out under      $ 300.
You'd think that this can't be that hard. guess again. The betting line is 30 - 70 that we can do it. Apparently, I'm the problem.
The slogan that fits is " If your not part of the solution your part of the problem "
Guilty. Well, sometimes I can't help it, the big C sometimes has real neat stuff. And besides, I don't get out much. I know, you can tell.

So, in Ptrbro, fantasy land includes TSC and the big C.

No comments:

Post a Comment