Monday 16 March 2015

Changing the Guard

Yesterday , the house was in turmoil or at least the basement

I decided to switch out a dresser from  my changing room

We have no shower or tubs for washroom facilities on the main floor ( back split ). Thus, I change and keep clothes downstairs across from my bathroom. The bathroom is a 4 pc separate tub and shower.
The changing room is a junior bedroom.
The dresser was bought in 1979 at an ' unpainted ' furniture store for $35.
It is now M's.
I opted for a bookcase - upper shelving and bottom base separate.
This shelving is open - I figured on baskets.
The whole basement was awash in boxes and vacuum cleaners and junk,
Finally , it was over. The dresser was a moderate success , transferred to the laundry room.
The bookcases - ugly. A hodge podge of plastic bins and boxes on the shelves.
For $ 94 - note , $30 dresser - I got baskets and laundry bag bins.
Where was the savings , Dunno ?
The look - totally , university or first apartment - ish

Change is good !  Right ?  Cleaner look - anyway different 

Weather : harbingers of spring come to roost. We are sunny and headed for 50 +. Snow is melting like crazy.

This aft - I'm headed out to upgrade the baby laptop. For all the attention this thing gets , you'd figure its a thousand dollar machine
Nope $ 145 at Shoppers Drug Mart. A chip upgrade from 1 Gb to 2 Gb happened 6 months ago.
My plan buy a new laptop for $ 200 about now.
Except the $ 200 laptops listed on line are $ 400 in Canada.

Back to the computer guy , and find out how much he wants to install a SolidState drive on the baby laptop.  He says anything under $ 140 and he's got the job. i'm worried he'll say $ 200 and I'd have to think.
The problem , my baby laptop is older but has many more ports than the new machines. I suppose that everyone is using ' cloud ' this and thumb drives. I've still got weird ports for imput etc.

We shall see said the Zen Master

No comments:

Post a Comment