Monday 2 March 2015

What Happens

Last year , over the period from Nov 1 to Feb 28 , I visited the QMH on the 'bee , maybe 6 - 7 times. Always wondering , what did you do up there , besides playing cards. Usually , the answer was nothing got done
Not true. We ventured up there , to - day , for the first time since Nov 1 and what used to get done was cleaning the deck off. The deck is easily 50 ft long and close to 20 ft wide and covered in snow up to my knees.
I guess that I removed a small amount when it started to build up.
Trust me , it built up.
I tried to shovel a bit off the top but the wind was in my face
and blowing stinging crystals back at me. We will have to try another time.

Weather : Sunny , strong west winds. In many places , streamers of snow whipped across the highway. Areas were snow covered in horizontal strips , maybe 20 ft wide.
We are expecting snow , rain , sleet or freezing rain or any combination in the next 30 hrs. The form of precip will vary according to local conditions , latitude etc.



No comments:

Post a Comment