Tuesday 24 March 2015

This is Not an Advertisement

Yesterday , I encouraged M to call England using ' Skype ' via the computer to a landline in England.
M was on the phone for 15 min. The charges $ 0.44
the rate a little under 3 cents a minute
Bazinga to quote Sheldon on ' Big Bang Theory '

The date for this entry is  Wed MR 25
The weather is different then I previously stated. We have unsettled conditions but the temperature is going to be balmy , already its approaching 33F on the back deck at 9 AM.  The sky is blue -ish tinged w/ white.

Meanwhile , I've been researching if our i Phone 4s 's will work in England. Technically , the 4s is a world phone. All the comments are ' should ' work.  
The latest comment from the CarPhone Warehouse rep is that Apple  may regionally lock their phones.
OK , ' world phone ' takes on a whole new meaning. How big is your world ?

In the end , last option , we buy a ' burner ' phone in England. Purchase just enough credit to get by and throw away the phone or keep it depending.Unbelievably , I think that I saw an advertisement for a ' burner ' at 5 BPS or $ 10 Cdn. that comes w/ 30 minutes air time.

As a side note , something quite different happened , yesterday.
When accessing Apple Inc ' s help line , I was greeted by the typical mechanical voice - however , in the background , I  swear that I could hear the operator typing the reponse for the   ' auto voice '. I mean the clacking preceded the ' voice ' by seconds
And , the real person that I got on line finally , was in Tennessee , I'm pretty sure , it was the accent - a give away for sure.

" Do yourself no harm , other men are usually good for that " 
" This isn't Heaven , its the world and there is trouble in it "

from ' Kingdom of Heaven '

No comments:

Post a Comment