Friday 20 March 2015

When the Whining Stops

Peace reigns.
The 26 " spinner suitcase has wheels like a semi rig. Rolls , very smoothly. Will the luggage dudes at the airline knock off the wheels in transit ? We shall see said the Zen Master 

The weather : blue sky , puffy clouds and 35 F on the back deck.
The wind looks light but is showing as 10 - 15 MPH on the news station screen.

OK . honest. the computer guy turned the baby laptop into a quick and mostly fun  to use device.  Waiting is down to mere seconds.
And my complaint about CPU processing speed.
A friend A. explained it to me in small words. The computations per sec will not change b/c the central processor is the same.
What changed is the feeding memory for the processor , its way faster. Thus , the programs aren't waiting for the memory to provide data , its there , just needs to be directed.
And , the computer guy addressed , my concern. When I said that I wanted the ports , in and out , he said , of course , you've got a computer not a toy
My ' toy ' happens to weigh almost 2 pounds but what the hey , I can carry 2 lb.

No comments:

Post a Comment