Tuesday 17 March 2015

Surfing....

.... the Blogspot world. If you click the tab ' next blog ' you can see other blogs on blogpsot. Normally , I can move through 3 or 4 blogs before I reach a blog that has no ' next tab ' .
Yesterday , I was blog - jacked. I got into a foreign language series w/ no way out.
I googled a term prefaced w/ blogspot and found a blog ' Sum of all things 2 Me ' blog.
the latest topic was the generation raised on computers and communication devices. The author bemoaned the lack of basic reading and writing skills. The upshot being that although these people communicate instantly , what they lack is real learning skills.
I seldom reply to blogs but I did
I mentioned the ME - ness and instaneity ( made that word up )
and how it uses the virtual world but becomes the raison d'etre for the user. I back phrased the McLuhan quote ' the message is the medium  '.

Weather : We will hover around the 32 F mark ,seems windy and damp .... and I'm going out. My widowed aunt , did not listen and her son didn't listen when I said ' move now ' or you'll be trapped
She's trapped
Can't drive and needs buses to get to a rapid means of travelling
" Oh , she's fine , I drop by all the time " cousin , 3 yrs ago.
I'm chauffeur this morning. She needs to visit my mom , her sister.

On the baby laptop front. A friend who is computer savvy suggested a Microsoft Surface Pro tablet for the low $ 400 s or even 3. Oh , yeah !  On line $700.
Off to the computer guy for a quote on the SSdrive.
Square one. Seems I'm always there - square one

P.S.
 - on square 2
Did it !  you'll be glad
no more dithering about this tablet business
$140 all in ( cash ) 128 Gb SSdrive for the baby laptop
If you're counting , you're not  I am

$140 original purchase price
$40 memory chip
$140 SS drive
$100 Microsoft Home Premium

But the laptop has been to England , Scotland
Florida , Las Vegas
many times to Baltimore
and many times plus to Salamanca NY 
and has been excellent

Only now it will be excellenter

P.P.S. Baby laptop is fast to load and switch windows
I tried the CPU rating test and it came out slower or lower in score than before
No matter it is better





What does this mean ?? Dunno
Its faster
I'll shut up
Wait for it   ------------- there will be whining . I'm sure


No comments:

Post a Comment