Monday 11 July 2022

a Fishing Day in July

let s see

 I broke the ice and largemouth are in the bag [ liar ! I let them all go ]
I did catch a walleye [ first in 3 yrs ?? ]

Today its a trio of fishermen. two under 40 y.o. and then me. Each of the others has fished at least as many hrs as I have in my life. But likely caught more as well.
I have a rule. When fishing w / these 2 [ many times ] ' Go Simple '. They each will start w/ plugs or hard baits. Lately, A has been a ' mouse ' guy. He throws a plastic, slightly inflated mouse lure. And catches bigger fish.
E ? Well, I don't know ! Anything. However, he has a tackle collection that is unique and expensive.

I remember the first time, E went fishing w/ me. He opened a plastic tackle box. Inside. A display of minnow lures. One company. three different sizes. Five colours of each. This meant that he could choose a minnow lure for any water - any season.

Nuts ! More money in there - I mean $ 300 dollars at least AND that was $ 5 a lure
Today, at 11 dollars a piece. Whoa !!! And he has more.

Yes, my wildflowers started to bloom. And these guys are not the buds that I saw earlier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment