Tuesday 5 July 2022

It s Hard Work

 moving money around. No, we sat as the bank rep typed and ' hmm.  mm d ' - 30 min and it was done.

We ate out at our new re - found pub. The old fav held out during CV 19 and seems to have bounced back. What it is like for Wayne [ owner ] we can't tell.
We manged to pick the afternoon that the pub hosted 6o employess from a furniture rental firm. BUSY. 
But it turned out fine. A bit slow. However, I went and got our drinks from the bar [ ala the UK ] and the food came along pretty sharply.

Grey and dismal out there. A break from sun to remind us that somewhere it is raining. Tomorrow, a fishing day is sun and mid 70 s.
I've let everyone know, ow the day will go. Fish, rest, polish the engine [truly, I mean just that ] lunch and a nap.
Somehow if you say exactly what you mean - then you are ready for it. No surprises. Attitude.

You know, sometimes when driving, I stop in the cul de sac off our yard and sit. Yep. Sit. I look at the house [ the way other people see it and think ]. I slowly drive down the street to the corner.
OK. So what. What are you saying.

If you start the trip slowly and purposefully that can be how you'll drive.
Race off. or hit the gas - and thats how you set yourself up for a ' rushed ' drive. I enter the highway and set my mind to drive 60 mph or so. As I see the traffic pattern, I speed up slightly or slow down slightly. My mood is set. Purpsoeful and dleiberate. Not reacting. Doing as I planned all along.

Dang. Wish my life was like that. B/c it isn't.

" one singular sensation.... from " Chorus Line "

One, singular sensation, every little step she takes
One, thrilling combination, every move that she makes
One smile and suddenly nobody else will do
You know you'll never be lonely with you-know-who

' she walks into a room .........

This shopping day was Skyland for take out Chinese and sushi. Plus Canadian Tire or Pep Boys plus groceries and household. I use propane cylinders and a grass torch [ de - weeding ]. I needed gas lighters for the grass torch [ they are always running out ] Then I bought hose couplings. Get this
..... I find a male coupler for $ 3. 50 [ not bad ] BUT on inspection, the outside diameter is a little small.
Of course, right below is a package labelled   ' hose coupling pair ' - except the price is $ 14. No wonder the first male coupler was cheap. It was not meant for garden hoses
I wonder where that coupler fits and to what.
Oh, I found a male coupler last year in the garage to replace a leaking fitting.

You got it. Thats the one that leaks, right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment