Sunday 3 July 2022

Life of Desiderata

 you know ..... that poem thingy about how to live your live

go placidly etc
if you can .......

Well, I'm not doing it. I don't think.

I'm closer to the great Mandalore [ the Mandalorian ].

" This is the Way "
cuz it s what the Mandalorians say when things go sideways.

" This is the Way " 
Your going to get killed ..... " This is the Way "
Its impossible ...... " This is the Way "

I can't sleep  ....... " This is the Way "

I read til 12:45 AM and then slept through to 7: something. " This is the Way ".

 I started ' Ysabel ', a novel by Guy Gavriel Kay [ historical - fantasy ] I think ...... There is or will be ' magic ' involved. One character might be 800 plus years old.
I think the old guy is waiting for Beltane April 30 or May Day, the first. This celebrates Celtic holy days.

" Those were the days my friend
We'd laugh and sing and dance .... etc " Mary Hopkin

I'm planning on fishing Wed. ' Old man ' kinda fishing. Fish for two hours, rest and lunch polish the outboard engine - nap .......

" This is the Way "

And this became ' pull the stump ' day. My tree grove, mostly silver leaf dogwoods plus 2 pines had weeds and crap growing. I had put down landscape fabric but the fabric become growing media for the weeds.
I decided to take back the grove. I dug out the weeds [ or some ] last week. Today. Take out a stump of a dogwood. 
Hack, hack, and dig. Finally, the 20 inch stump popped out. The hole was 1 1/2 ft deep and 2 ft wide.

Then I chopped out all remaining weeds. However, this is the beginning. The weeds will try and re - grow. I'll need to put down better garden fabric, eventually.

" This is the Way "

Another Amazon order comes tomorrow - 1 day delivery. Go ahead ! destroy the economy

" This is the Way "


No comments:

Post a Comment