Thursday 28 July 2022

Overcast in the Park

 This is post # 3460

Implant Thursday. The upshot is, that this is no more painful or disruptive than getting a filling or ..... death. Of course, to cover their heinies, the warnings include excessive bleeding etc. etc etc.

Ouch ! Is today's byword.

After the surgery, the story.

Alright, I'm swollen and puffy. Discomfort not pain 

But Dr said, pain is coming - " take your meds !!!! "

Dr had to refreeze my mouth during the 2 hrs, I could start to feel the grinding - all was more than tolerable

Cold and soft is the regimen for days. Yoghurt here we come. And I bought 2L at Costco 


Let there be gin..... massive amounts. I'll be fine

Realizing. Instead of one hole to plug - there were two holes. One was a tooth extraction and implant and the other an implant. The X ray looks like a warped board [ jaw bone ] w/ two screw anchors [ like in woodwork ]. 
So. The bleeding stops in 20 hrs [ we hope ].
Pain persists for 3 days [ we hope ]
No hot food for 72 hrs. My diet is yoghurt, jello etc.

Can this boy get through 2L of yoghurt.

Talk about a diet ! Whoa, kickstart some weight loss action.

The upside - ice cream. Yes.

Betcha that I don't lose a #. We are talking real ice cream, called           ' Cream First ' got the picture !

Note: 10:30 P and I still am ' oozing ' a little blood.

Goodnight, we hope 


No comments:

Post a Comment